Andrea C. Anderson
Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Administration are Andi’s primary focus, and her practice routinely includes federal and state taxation, business formation, and charitable organizations ranging from formation and operations to dissolution. Andi started her career working in a boutique estate planning law firm where she developed her skills in drafting and implementing estate plans and advising clients on how to achieve their planning goals in a tax efficient manner.
Ms. Anderson served as president of Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity while attending The University of Tennessee College of Law and received special orders from the IRS to practice as a student attorney in the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberland’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, where she represented clients in tax controversy matters.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Included in The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for her work in Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- Named a Cityview Magazine Top Attorney
- The University of Tennessee College of Law, Outstanding Achievement Awards for Income Taxation of Business Organizations and Wealth Transfer Taxation
- Georgetown University Law Center, CALI Award for Academic Excellence for Retirement Plan Design and Taxation
- Board of Directors for East Tennessee Lawyer’s Association for Women (ETLAW) Treasurer, 2018; Community Outreach Chair, 2017
Outside the office, Andi serves on the Board of the Junior League of Knoxville as the Finance Director and on the fund raising committee for Friends of the Smokies’ Evergreen Ball. In her spare time, Andi enjoys hiking with her husband, Matt, and experimenting in the kitchen.